Boar bristle brushes are a great way to distribute natural oils throughout your hair, which can help to keep it healthy and shiny. However, like any other brush, they need to be cleaned regularly to prevent the build-up of dirt, oil, and hair products.
06 Steps to Clean Boar Bristle Brush
01. Remove any hair from the brush. You can do this by using your fingers or a comb.
02. Mix a few drops of shampoo or dish soap with warm water in a bowl.
03. Take some shampoo or soap and apply it to the bristles.
Gently massage the shampoo or soap into the bristles using your fingers. It is recommended to brush the head downwards.
04. Rinse the brush thoroughly with warm water until all of the soap is gone.
05. Wipe your brush with a microfiber cloth or towel to remove any residue.
06. Lay the brush flat to dry completely.
How to Care for Boar Bristle Hair Brush
In addition to regular cleaning, there are a few other things you can do to care for your boar bristle hair brush:
- Store the brush in a cool, dry place when not in use.
- Avoid using the brush on wet hair.
- Do not use the brush to brush out tangles.
- If the brush becomes stiff, you can soak it in warm water with a few drops of olive oil for 30 minutes.
- If you have a wooden-handled brush, be careful not to soak it for too long, as this could damage the wood.
- If you are using a natural shampoo or conditioner, be sure to rinse the brush thoroughly to remove any residue.
- If you have hard water, you may want to use a water softener when cleaning your brush.
- If you are not able to clean your brush immediately, you can store it in a plastic bag with a few drops of essential oil. This will help to prevent the build-up of bacteria and mold.
Maintaining the cleanliness and proper care of your boar bristle brush is essential for maintaining healthy and shiny hair. By practicing these care tips, you can extend the lifespan of your boar bristle brush and enjoy its benefits for a long time to come.