Call us: +1 305 7266 026
Cleaning a whistle can be tricky, but it’s worth it! Here’s how to do it in the quickest and easiest way possible:
- Start by unscrewing the cap of the whistle.
- Use a wire brush to remove any dirt or debris inside the whistle.
- Wipe off the bristles with a clean cloth to ensure that they are clean and free of any debris.
- Replace the cap and screw it back on tightly.
- Enjoy your clean whistle!
How to clean a metal or brass whistle?
If you don’t want to unscrew it and the whistle is made of metal or brass, you can apply the boiled water method. Here is how to do that:
- Put one teaspoon of baking soda with 400ml water in a pan. Put the whistle into the water after seeing bubbles in your pan. Keep it 50 to 80 seconds.
- Then soak the whistle in baking soda mixed water for a few hours or overnight.
- Put the whistle in a pocket (like jeans, or trousers) and give it a regular clean in your washing machine.
How to Clean a Plastic or Penny Whistle?
But if the whistle is made of plastic never apply the boiled water method on it. Maybe it causes damage to the whistle. But you can easily clean the plastic whistle using mouthwash.
- Pour enough mouthwash into a bowl to dip the whistle. Ensure that your mouthwash is antiseptic which helps fight bacteria and germs.
- Now place the whistle in the bowl and soak for 20 to 30 minutes. All germs and bacteria will go away.
- Take the whistle and pour clean water to wash it properly.
- Put it in a safe place and dry it until you are satisfied.