Rugs are a great way to add color, style, and comfort to any room. However, they can also be a pain to clean. If you have a rug on a hardwood floor, you know that it can be tricky to keep both surfaces clean and looking their best. Here is a professional method for cleaning a rug on…
Clean a Rug on a Hardwood Floor?
- Vacuum the rug thoroughly. This will remove any loose dirt, debris, and pet hair. Use a vacuum cleaner with a beater bar or brush roll to agitate the rug fibers and remove as much dirt as possible.
- Prepare a cleaning solution. Mix one part white vinegar with two parts water in a spray bottle. You can also use a commercial rug cleaner, but be sure to test it in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it does not damage your rug.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the rug. Spray the cleaning solution onto the rug, being careful to avoid getting it on the hardwood floor. Work in small sections, and allow the cleaning solution to sit for 10-15 minutes before proceeding.
- Blot the cleaning solution up with a clean, dry cloth. Blot the cleaning solution up in a circular motion, working from the outside of the stain towards the center. Be sure to blot up all of the cleaning solutions, and do not rub the rug, as this could damage the fibers.
- Vacuum the rug again. Once you have removed all of the cleaning solutions, vacuum the rug again to remove any remaining dirt or debris.
- If you have a large rug, you may want to rent a rug cleaner from a local hardware store.
- Be sure to follow the instructions on the rug cleaner carefully.
- Test the rug cleaner in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it does not damage the rug.
- If you have a delicate rug, you may want to take it to a professional rug cleaner.
People also read: How to Clean Sticky Floor?