Handbags are a staple in our wardrobes, but they can get dirty over time. The lining of a handbag is especially prone to dirt and stains, as it is often in contact with our skin and the items we carry.
If you want to keep your handbag looking its best, it is important to clean the lining regularly.
How to Clean Lining of Handbags? [Easy Steps]
- Check the care label. Before you start cleaning, it is important to check the care label inside your handbag. This will tell you what materials the lining is made of and how it should be cleaned.
- Remove the lining. If possible, remove the lining from the handbag before cleaning. This will make it easier to clean all areas of the lining.
- Spot clean stains. If there are any stains on the lining, spot-clean them with a mild detergent and water. Apply the detergent to a damp cloth and rub it gently over the stain. Blot the area with a clean cloth to remove any excess detergent.
- Wipe down the lining. Once you have spot cleaned any stains, wipe down the entire lining with a damp cloth. This will remove any dirt or dust that may be on the lining.
- Let the lining dry. Once you have cleaned the lining, let it dry completely before putting it back in the handbag. You can air dry the lining or use a hair dryer in a cool setting.
- Spot clean stains immediately. The sooner you spot-clean a stain, the easier it will be to remove.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down the lining. A damp cloth will remove dirt and dust without damaging the lining.
- Let the lining air dry. Air drying is the best way to dry a handbag’s lining.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or detergents on the lining, as these can damage the fabric.
- Do not put the lining in the washing machine or dryer, as this can also damage the fabric.
- If the lining is made of leather, use a leather cleaner and conditioner to clean and protect it.
- If the lining is made of suede, use a suede brush to remove dirt and dust.
By following these tips, you can keep the lining of your handbag looking its best for years to come.
People also read: How to Clean Brahmin Purse?
I hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.