Call us: +1 305 7266 026
Yes, you can use a squeegee on a car to remove water or a cleaning solution after washing the car. It’s important to use the right type of squeegee to avoid causing damage to the car’s surface. A soft, silicone-bladed squeegee is the best choice for use on a car. These types of squeegees are gentle on the car’s paint and won’t scratch or leave marks on the surface.
How To Use A Squeegee On A Car?
Using a squeegee on your car can be a quick and effective way to dry off the car after washing. We noted here 07 quick steps to make the work done.
To start the process you need some tools that are below.
- Soft, silicone-bladed squeegee
- Microfiber or chamois towel
- Mild soap/Cleaning solution
01. Start by washing your car using mild soap and water. Rinse off the soap thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris that could scratch the surface.
02. Once you’ve finished rinsing, shake excess water off the car but don’t worry about drying it completely.
03. Start at the top of the car and work your way down. Grab your squeegee and place the blade at the top of the car, near the roof. Apply gentle pressure as you pull the squeegee down the car, using a back-and-forth motion.
04. Be sure to dry the squeegee blade frequently with a towel to prevent dirt and debris from scratching the car’s surface.
05. Continue moving down the car, working in sections until you have removed all the water. Use a gentle, back-and-forth motion to avoid pressing too hard and causing scratches or damage.
06. After you’ve finished using the squeegee, grab a microfiber or chamois towel and dry any remaining water droplets.
07. Finally, rinse off the squeegee with clean water to remove any dirt or debris that may have accumulated on the blade.
By following these steps and using a soft, silicone-bladed squeegee, you can avoid scratching or damaging your car’s surface.
Does squeegee damage car paint?
A squeegee can potentially damage a car’s paint if you are not used it correctly. If you use a hard or abrasive squeegee on your car’s paint, or if you press too hard when using it, you could scratch or otherwise damage the surface.
If you use a soft, silicone-bladed squeegee and use gentle pressure when working with it, you should be able to avoid causing damage to your car’s paint.
Note: It’s also important to keep the squeegee blade clean and free of dirt and debris. Dirt and debris can scratch the car’s paint if they get caught between the squeegee blade and the surface of the car.
If you use the right type of squeegee and use it gently and carefully, a squeegee can be an effective tool for drying off your car after washing. Just be sure to take proper care to avoid causing damage to the paint.
Will a squeegee scratch your car?
As mentioned before a squeegee can damage your car paint. Just like that squeegee using can scratch your car and can spoil the beauty of your car if you do not use the right squeegee properly.