Call us: +1 305 7266 026
Cleaning the brick exterior of a home can be a daunting task, but it is an important part of maintaining the beauty and integrity of your home. Whether you are preparing to sell your home, or simply want to spruce up the exterior, here are some steps you can follow to clean the brick on your home:
Begin by sweeping the area around the brick to remove any loose dirt or debris. This will help prevent the dirt from spreading and make the cleaning process more difficult.
Next, mix a solution of mild detergent and water in a bucket. You can use a commercial brick cleaner, or you can make your own by mixing equal parts water and white vinegar, or one part water and one part oxygen bleach.
Using a soft-bristled brush or a sponge, apply the cleaning solution to the brick, working in small sections at a time. Be sure to scrub the mortar joints thoroughly, as this is where dirt and grime tend to accumulate.
Rinse the brick with a hose or pressure washer, using a gentle spray setting. Avoid using high pressure, as this can damage the brick-and-mortar.
Now allow the brick to air dry.
Step 05: (If needed)
If you notice any stains or discoloration on the brick, you can try using a commercial brick stain remover, or you can make a paste using a mixture of water and baking soda. Apply the paste to the stain, and let it sit for a few hours before rinsing it off.
Once the brick is clean and dry, you may want to apply a sealer to help protect it from future dirt and stains. There are a variety of brick sealers available, including water-based and solvent-based options. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when applying the sealer.
By following these steps, you can help keep your brick exterior looking clean and well-maintained. Regular cleaning and maintenance will not only improve the appearance of your home but will also help to extend the life of your brick-and-mortar.
Don’ts While Cleaning Your Brick Exterior:
- Never use harsh or abrasive cleaners on the brick, as they may damage or discolor the surface.
- Never use a high-pressure setting on a pressure washer, as this can damage the brick and mortar.
- Don’t allow standing water to sit on the brick for an extended period, as this can lead to staining or deterioration.
- Never ignore any stains or discoloration on the brick. These should be addressed as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
Which Commercial Cleaner is Best for Cleaning the Brick Exterior of My Home?
There are a variety of commercial cleaners available that are specifically designed for cleaning brick exteriors. Some popular options include:
- Krud Kutter Brick and Masonry Cleaner: This product is designed to remove dirt, grime, and stains from brick, concrete, and masonry surfaces. It is biodegradable and safe to use on most surfaces.
- Zep Heavy-Duty Citrus Degreaser: This cleaner is formulated with citrus solvents to effectively remove dirt, grease, and oil from brick, concrete, and other masonry surfaces. It is safe to use on most surfaces and is biodegradable.
- Simple Green Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner: This industrial-strength cleaner is designed to remove dirt, grease, and grime from various surfaces, including brick, concrete, and masonry. It is biodegradable and safe to use on most surfaces.
Before using any commercial cleaner, it is important to read the label and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Some cleaners may not be suitable for certain surfaces or require special precautions. Additionally, it is always a good idea to test a small, inconspicuous area before applying the cleaner to the entire surface to ensure it will not cause any damage.
Besides, You Can Watch This Video For More…..
Happy Cleaning! Grab More Cleaning Ideas From Our Blog!