Call us: +1 305 7266 026
Cleaning your car cover is important for several reasons. First, it helps to maintain the cover’s integrity and prolong its lifespan. Dirt, debris, and other contaminants can accumulate on the cover over time, causing it to wear out prematurely. Cleaning the cover regularly helps to remove these contaminants and prevent damage.
Second, a clean car cover will provide better protection for your vehicle. A dirty cover can trap moisture, which can lead to mold and mildew growth. This can cause damage to the paint and interior of your vehicle, and can also create an unpleasant odor. A clean cover will allow air to circulate and prevent moisture buildup, keeping your car in better condition.
Third, a clean car cover will also help to improve the appearance of your vehicle. A dirty cover can make your car look unkempt and poorly maintained, even if the car itself is clean. A clean cover will help to keep your car looking its best, even when it is covered.
How to Wash Your Car Cover?
Our experts gathered some useful steps to make your car cover clean and perfect for use. Here is the step-by-step guide for cleaning the inside of a car cover:
- Before starting, remove the car cover from the vehicle and lay it out on a flat surface, such as a driveway or garage floor.
- Use a broom or a leaf blower to remove any loose debris, such as leaves, dirt, or dust, from the surface of the cover.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and add a mild detergent, such as a mild laundry detergent or dish soap. Mix the water and detergent together to create a soapy solution.
- Using a soft-bristled brush or a sponge, gently scrub the inside of the car cover, paying special attention to any areas that appear to be particularly dirty. Be sure to use a gentle touch to avoid damaging the material of the cover.
- Once you have scrubbed the entire inside of the car cover, rinse it thoroughly with a hose or a bucket of clean water to remove any remaining soap suds.
- Hang the cover to dry in a well-ventilated area, such as on a clothesline or in a garage. Avoid drying the cover in direct sunlight, as this can cause the material to fade or shrink.
- Once the cover is completely dry, fold it up and store it in a dry, cool place. Make sure it is completely dry before storing it, otherwise, it can promote mold and mildew growth.
- Always use a mild detergent or cleaner specifically designed for cleaning car covers, as harsher chemicals can damage the material.
- Always check the label of the car cover for any specific cleaning instructions or recommendations from the manufacturer.
- Avoid using a washing machine or dryer to clean your car cover, as these can cause shrinkage or damage to the material.
Related Post: Can You Squeegee On a Car?
Note: You may like this youtube video.
Happy Washing! Grab More Cleaning Ideas From Our Blog.